Friday, July 08, 2005

Vacation rules!

So, today is the last official day of my vacation, and the last two days have been awesome!
Yesterday, the boys and I spent the afternoon basking in the sun (with the help of Coppertone Kids SPF 40) and lounging in the pool at Papa and Nana's house (my dad and stepmom, for those of you keeping score at home).
Michael finally jumped off the diving board, and he loved it. Of course Anthony jumped off the board. He certainly is the more fearless of the two. Either way, it was fun to watch them play.
Today, the boys took their first trip to "the big lake," AKA Lake Michigan, with Grandma Kane (again, for those of you at home, that's my mom).
What a blast. All the hot sand, the beautiful blue water and the sunscreen. Sand castles were the hit of the day, but I have to be the proud dad and brag on my two boys walking chest-deep into the rather chilly lake and swimming -- actually swimming -- all the way back to shore.
I had forgotten how much fun the beaches in South Haven can be. (This picture was taken by Dick, Phyllis and Ginger, and is posted on their Web site.)
What a great vacation.

No comments: