Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Bittersweet (almost) finale

I'm happy I may get my hockey back in a few weeks.
I'm more than a little disappointed that it cost the NHL a season. There's no way to measure the damage the league and players association have done to their fan base.
Obviously, given the details of the proposed contract, the players aren't going to be completely happy.
"I don't think the deal that we're going to get would have been ratified last summer. But I just think we've been worn down to the point where at this stage the deal would really have to be incredibly bad for the guys not to vote it in. At least that's the sense I'm getting." Sean Burke, NHL goaltender

There are also some possible rule changes in the works. Other than the shootout idea, none of them seem appealing.

No comments: