Thursday, March 10, 2005

Happy birthday to me!

Today I turn 31. Not that my birthday is a big deal, but it gives me an excuse to take a break from all the political mumbo-jumbo and do something fun.

So, according to MSN's "This day in history":
1849: Abraham Lincoln applies for a patent. He is the first United States president to do so.
1862: The first paper money in the United States is issued.
1876: Alexander Graham Bell transmits the first message by voice over wire using his newly invented telephone: “Mr. Watson, come here. I want you.”
1880: The Salvation Army, previously based only in England, is established in the United States in New York City.
1971: Indira Gandhi's Congress Party wins a landslide victory in the Indian general election.

Who are some famous people who share my birthday, you ask?
Chuck Norris (1940)
Sharon Stone (1958)
Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex (1964)
Osama bin Laden (1957)

I guess that last one doesn't really need to be there, but in the spirit of fair reporting...
There's my birthday blog entry.
If you feel inspired to do so, send me a "Happy Birthday" message by commenting below.
By the way, is 31 old?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, 31 is not old. When I was 31 I had the cutest 7 year-old son and we went to Florida for the first time. Remember fishing on the pier, feeding seagulls and the Pirates of the Carribean? The next 31 will be even better. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Even though this is days late, it still holds meaning. 31 is not old. Whoever gave you that idea must of been ten!! Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, the moment's a gift, that's why it's called the present. Live your life to the fullest and make each day count! You're truly a fortunate man. Happy Birthday! Happy Year!