Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Another great birthday

Happy birthday to my little brother, Tony.
He's not so little anymore, but he will always be my little bro'.
Today he's 28, and I hope he doesn't mind me saying so.
He's my hero, and I wish everyone in the world could meet him.

As is quickly becoming tradition here in The Script, here are some fast facts about today in history, according to MSN:
1516: Louis II, aged nine, succeeds as king of Bohemia and Hungary on the death of Ladislas II.
1802: West Point, site of the United States Military Academy, is founded by the Congress of the United States.
1850: Nathaniel Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter is published.
1966: United States astronauts Neil Armstrong and David Scott, aboard Gemini 8, achieve the first linkup of a crewed spacecraft with another object, an Agena rocket.
1968: United States soldiers massacre hundreds of men, women, and children at the village of My Lai, in South Vietnam.
1971: Simon and Garfunkel win the Grammy Award for Best Album for Bridge Over Troubled Water and the Grammy for Best Record for the title song.

Famous people born today include:
Rosa Bonheur, French painter (1822)
Pat Nixon, first lady and wife of Richard M. Nixon (1912)
Georg Simon Ohm, German physicist (1787)
James Madison, fourth president of the United States (1751)
Bernardo Bertolucci, Italian motion-picture director (1940)
Daniel Moynihan, United States senator (1927)
Jerry Lewis, actor, comedian (1926)
Erik Estrada, actor(1949)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have two of the greatest gifts we could ask for in our sons. Now, we have the legacy continuing through our grandsons. Life is wonderful sometimes. 3 birthdays within a week, thats something. I am a very proud father and grandfather and I love my boys!!!