Sunday, February 20, 2005

Why can't we all just get along?

Any hope of hockey happiness has been dashed against the jagged rocks of capitalism and greed.
Crap.
Although I don't completely understand how race plays into social security, I also am concerned about Pres. Bush's Social Security plan.
According to Bush's plan, the year I am supposed to retire, benefits will be cut 25%. Does that mean I get to pay 25% percent less in taxes if the plan is approved?
Of course not. People will pay the same -- if not more -- taxes and the government will still cut benefits.
Perhaps the Social Security fund wouldn't be in such dire straits if the government would stop taking money from it.
What? Revenue equals expenses? Not for our national government, thank you, sir.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mikie Elrod always said "There's no free lunch." I think people got in trouble when they started depending on the government to support them in retirement. I say you've got to cover your own butt, either with investments or savings. No one will take better care of you than you...or your mother :o)