Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Reuben, anyone?

Only four days until chow time, kids, and I can'’t even begin to tell you how excited I am.
For those of you who haven't read Robert Warner'’s column from Sunday, Cranky Bob and I will be donning bibs to compete in Pastrami Joe'’s first ever World Reuben Eating Championship on Saturday in Marshall.
Starting at 2 p.m., I will be eating as many of P.J.'s delicious Reuben sandwiches as I can in eight minutes. I'm guessing two sandwiches, which I don't think will be enough to win the amateur contest I'm in.
I say amateur contest because after we rookies are done, there's a professional eaters contest, and these cats are thinking they'll eat seven or eight of these Reubens in eight minutes.
I guess I'm more of a distance eater than a sprinter.
I wrote a story about the event. You know, FYI. It's a fund-raising event for the Child Advocacy Center of Calhoun County.
Pastrami Joe'’s has started a blog about the competition. It makes for fun reading.
Hope to see you there. Click here for directions.

No comments: