Saturday, July 15, 2006

Defeated by the Reuben

Today was the day. I hadn't eaten in more than 12 hours (Itself an accomplishment for me.) and I felt ready to eat my weight in Pastrami Joe's Reuben sandwiches.
It was a great crowd in Marshall, and my family was there to cheer me on.
My five minutes started, and I was off. Well, I started eating my first Reuben.
The toasted rye bread, the Swiss cheese, sauerkraut and Russian dressing dripping, and all of that Sy Ginsberg corned beef.
I was loving every bite, going as fast as I could, ready to see that second plate with a fresh sandwich fall in front of me. I AM GOING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD, ONE REUBEN SANDWICH AT A TIME!
I only ate one sandwich, and the guy who won the amateur competition -- Jake "The Butcher" Casey -- ate three.
I am such a disappointment to those who love me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was fun!! :)