Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Back by (lack of) popular demand

To all of my loyal readers, my apologies for an extended absence. Life has managed to get in the way... Again.

So, a few updates. My boys are healthy, happy and my pride and joy. They're about midway through baseball and T-ball, and even though I'm not the most patient father, it still makes me proud to watch them play. They're growing up so fast.

Michael will be finishing the first grade this year, and already he has been slotted for placement in Kalamazoo Public Schools' gifted and talented program for next year. Anthony has been tagged to be in the program's precursor, Sprouts, which Michael is in this year. I couldn't be prouder.

I have made a change recently, as well. I've been promoted from Marshall and Calhoun County reporter to the Battle Creek City Hall and political reporter. That is the top reporter position at the Battle Creek Enquirer. It's a big move and I'm more than a little nervous about it, but it's time. It's also very exciting, but you all understand that emotional duality that comes with a big change.

We now also have a dog. Gidget was born Jan. 29, and we got her from Kalamazoo Animal Rescue. She's border collie-boxer mix, and couldn't be a better dog. Simply awesome!

Perhaps the biggest news is Kris, the boys and I are looking to buy a house with my mom. That may sound a little strange to some ("You actually WANT to move in with your mom?") but for those of you who know my mother, it's nothing short of exciting. She's one of my best friends, and we've come through a lot to get where we are now. I know, it still sounds weird. Well, I am super excited.

What would a "Script" post be without a little humor? Well, it would be a post without a little humor. But far be it from me to deprive you all of a good laugh.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Shrips is back! I missed you.

Congrats on the promotion - you deserve it!

Anthony said...

I too missed you.

Anthony said...

We want more!

Anonymous said...

Yes we do!!

Anonymous said...

I would also like more. Please come back!

Dad said...

i am glad youre back too.