Saturday, December 30, 2006

Miss me?

It seems like forever since I last had time to blog, probably because it's been... Well, forever. Time is a precious commodity when you work two jobs and have kids you actually enjoy spending time with. Sometimes, being an adult really sucks.

Enough of the pity party. Things are going relatively well. I've been on vacation for a week now, and I have another week to go. Vacations rock! I've spent a lot of time just hanging out with my boys. They got skateboards, snowboards and Heelys for Christmas (helmets, too). The mild weather has been perfect for teaching my 6- and 5-year old sons how to skateboard, even though it's been a while since they're dad was shredding the half pipe at the Red Brick Inn in Plainwell. Snowboarding, on the other hand, has been a bit difficult without any snow. Once we get some, I'll have to commandeer Uncle Tony to teach them how to shred the slopes.

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve, and it amazes me another year has passed. I don't know when time started moving so fast. So many things I hope to accomplish remain unchecked on my life's to-do list. Are there enough years remaining in my humble time on this earth to do all I hope to do? O.K. Moving away now from the philosophical mumbo-jumbo.

Here are the things I am thankful for in 2006, in no particular order of importance.
- Time with my family, especially my two sons.
- The blessing of having two jobs and the ability to work to support my family.
- Good friends and loving family, who keep me going every day.
- Mountain Dew and jalapeno flavored Krunchers.

Here are my wishes for 2007, also in no particular order of importance.
- My wife, children, family, friends and co-workers have a blessed, safe and prosperous year.
- People worry less about their "rights" and start to focus on common sense and courtesy.
- We find peace; within ourselves, within our society, with other cultures and with our God.
- The continued ability to support my family and give my boys all the privileges and opportunities I was fortunate enough to have.
- More Mountain Dew and jalapeno flavored Krunchers.

Those of you who know me, know I am a sentimental sap. I'd apologize, but I can't help it. I love you all, and I wish you all a wonderful and blessed New Year.

2 comments:

Anthony said...

Happy New Year! Go 2007!

Anonymous said...

Dude, I love those jalapeno Krunchers, too!! Cheers, my friend - Have a blessed year.