Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Dooce and blurbomat

So a friend directed me to read this blog, Dooce, and I went, albeit reluctantly. I've read other blogs by people who post daily or near-daily entries about their lives. I usually wind up thinking, "Who cares?" Then I remember I am one of those bloggers.

Ouch.

Now I am wondering what kinds of things people actually like to read when they visit blogs. As a reporter, I am used to reader survey information that tells us what readers want from their newspaper. But I've never actually approached blogging from that standpoint. Perhaps it's time I did.

Here are a few questions I encourage you to answer, if for no other reason than to help direct the future of The Script.
- What do you like to read?
- Which posts on The Script have been your favorites? Which ones did you like the least?
- Should there be more pictures and videos?
- If you could change anything about this blog, what would it be? Feel free to list all of your ideas.

In the meantime, I have added Dooce and the author's husband's blog, blurbomat, to my links on the right. Check them out and let me know what you think.

Oh, and GO TIGERS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm tardy in my response. :)

Here's what I think, for whatever it's worth. I used to really worry about whether or not people liked what I was writing, and if it was good enough and all that. Then after about a year, I just decided to let go of all that and stop caring. I do it for me, not for anyone else. I write about what I want, when I want. Maybe it's four times a day, maybe it's once a week. But I do it because I like it, and that's it. I don't think my blog is the coolest, or funniest, or smartest, or the anything-est. I have no doubt people get sick of reading about knitting and my cats. But it's mine and I like it!!

I don't know if that helps you or not, but I hope so. And I agree with your fam - I like all your posts. :)