Friday, June 23, 2006

Lord Stanley's Cup

It was hard to watch my Red Wings lose in the first round of the playoffs to the Oilers of Edmonton, and it was almost as difficult to watch the Oilers lose game 7 in the finals on Monday to the Carolina Hurricanes.
But, if the game has taught me anything, it's to respect the winners. Plus, with the men of the Winged Wheel out of the picture, it didn't realy matter who won.
It was nice to see the Stanley Cup make an appearance after a year off, and it was great to see Rod Brind'Amour, a one-year Michigan State Spartan in the CCHA, hoist the cup after 17 long years in the league.
Welcome back, NHL, and here's to a great season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blurgh.
The damn Hurrcanes cost me $75 in my hockey pool. Actually, Roloson's amazing flamingo knee cost me.
Call me sometime. I've got a job now.